Enhanced patient precautions, effective May 1, 2020
We are now scheduling patients for telemedicine, in-office appointments (when clinically necessary), and elective procedures. During this time, we will continue to heed all governmental directives and precautions to mitigate the continued spread of COVID-19 for the protection and safety of our patients, staff, and communities.
Digestive Health Associates of Texas (DHAT) and the Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center have implemented the following guidelines:
- Advanced screening and in-office practices will continue to be enforced for any patient who requires an in-office visit and/or endoscopic procedure.
- We will ask you to remain in your vehicle vs. waiting room until we have an exam room prepared for your visit.
- Upon arrival for an in-office visit, you will be escorted directly to an exam room, where your temperature will be taken.
DHAT staff have been asked to wear protective gear, specifically a mask or covering of their nose and mouth. This is a preventative measure and is not indicative of anyone having or carrying the virus. We encourage patients to wear masks upon entering our offices as well, until further notice.
Thank you for understanding and for helping keep our patients and employees safe.
- High touch surfaces like tables, countertops, and desks will be cleaned throughout the day and at night.
- Surgery rooms at our endoscopy center and patient rooms in the clinic will be cleaned in-between each patient visit with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Carpets and floors will be cleaned each evening or in the event of a spill as it occurs.
- As always, all endoscopic equipment is cleaned after each use.
We’re keeping Texans healthy at home with virtual care. You can receive the same quality care from Dr. Brown during a telemedicine visit using your phone or computer. Click this button to learn more about virtual care and how to schedule an appointment.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We are grateful to be enabled to once again provide essential care and services to our patients. Our entire staff is committed to helping you stay safe while getting the care you need during this difficult time. Our website and social media will continue to be updated with any new policies that will affect the care we are able to provide our patients.
We appreciate your continued patience with us as we all navigate these uncharted circumstances. We will continue to do so cautiously, strategically and with our patients, staff and communities in mind.