Delivering positive patient outcomes and great service is at the cornerstone of my gastroenterology practice in Plano, TX. My team and I strive to exceed our patient’s expectations, and find that patient satisfaction is highest when patients actively participate in their own health care decisions. My style of participation is one of education and collaboration. It’s important to me that my patients have their questions answered and feel comfortable with my diagnosis recommended treatment regimen.
Inspired by the clinical research I’ve performed on IBS drugs; my practice has a special focus in finding solutions to IBS related symptoms where pharmaceutical under perform. This focus led to creation of KBS Research in 2012. The goal of KBS is to create innovative natural products for digestive issues. Our first product atrantil launched in 2015. Which helps relieve the frustrating symptoms bloating and abdominal discomfort.
My family and I enjoy living in the Plano, TX community where we are actively involved with local organizations and our children’s academic and youth athletic activities.
A Digestive Health Expert
Dr. Brown regularly appears on some of the largest health related podcasts and contributes to national publications and television shows as a digestive health expert. The Gut Check Radio podcast was created in 2017, which will provide a platform for Dr. Brown to discuss digestive and trending health topics with domestic and international thoughts leaders.
Making the important topics worth talking about. Join Dr. Brown as he connects with the world’s leaders in discovery and innovation.
About Kenneth Brown, MD
- University of Texas Health Science Center | Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology (2004)
- University of Texas Health Science Center | Residency in Internal Medicine (2001)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center | Degree : M.D. (1998)
- Dana College | Degree: B.A. Biology and Spanish (1992)
- American College of Gastroenterology | Practice Management Committee (2014 – present)
- Amsurg | Physician Advisory Board (2014 – 2017)
- KBS Research | Chief Medical Officer (2012 – present)
- Preston Crossing Endoscopy Center | Director (2010 – 2014)
- Digestive Health Associates of Texas | Gastroenterologist (2004 – present)
- Board-Certified – American Board of Internal Medicine – Gastroenterology
- Board-Certified – American Board of Internal Medicine – Gastroenterology Internal Medicine
- Medical Licence Texas | 2000 – present
- University of Texas Health Science Center | Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Medical City Plano
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Castle Connolly Top Regional Doctor | 2012 – 2017
- Patient Choice Award | 2008 – 2017
- Top 10 Doctor – Texas | 2017
- Best Doctor in Dallas 2009, D Magazine
- Award of Excellence in Outpatient Clinical Care, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, 1991, 2001
- American Medical Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Texas Medical Association